The following is a list of items which can be used as a Natural Remedy for Acne
(1) Aloe Vera –
This watery jelly-like substance extracted from the Aloe Vera plant is proven a very effective natural cure for acne or pimples.
(2) Tea Tree Oil –
This substance is taken from the Melaleuca alternifoliais tree found in Australia. It contains bacteria-fighting substances named Terpenes.
(3) Vitamin A –
This can also be found in tablet form. It promotes healthy skin.
(4) Zinc –
There are capsules which contain zinc which are known to repair skin and at the same time strengthen the immune system.
(5) Vitamin E –
This vitamin is considered a natural antioxidant and comes in gelatin capsules along with Soybean Oil, Water, and Glycerin.
Sometimes, what our bodies need is just the right nutrition and proper skin care. The following are tips which can be used to complement using a natural remedy for acne.
(1) Applying honey mask to the face once or twice a week can help in the disinfecting and healing of your face’s minor blemishes. It not only brings positive results but is also a gentle remedy for those with sensitive skin.
(2) Wash you face twice a day (when you wake up in the morning and before you go to sleep at night) with mild soap or a soap specially formulated for those with acne. Most of these soaps are sulfur based. Avoid scrubbing your face with any cloth. While the face may feel clean after excessive scrubbing, it may stimulate the facial pores to produce more sebum which can lead to more acne.
(3) Keep hair from touch the skin on your face as oil contained in your hair might be transferred to your face, contributing to acne breakouts. Make it a habit to wash your hair after doing activities which may cause you to sweat.
(4) Take vitamins (preferable those with Vitamin E and Vitamin A) to help promote healthy skin condition.
(5) Consider including chromium in your diet as it is excellent for healing skin infections.
(6) Carrots contain Vitamin A and should be part of your nutritional diet. Vitamin A does not only make eyesight better but it is also proven to be essential for the repair and maintenance of the tissue with which the skin is made of.
(7) Avoid wearing makeup if possible. If it can not be avoided, be sure to look for water-based makeup and be sure to remove it before you go to sleep at night.
(8) It may be tempting to do so, but squeezing and picking blackheads and pimples should be avoided at all possible costs since it can only cause more sebum production and may cause infection under the skin.
(9) Wash pillow cases and beddings every other day as it may contain oil which it has absorbed from your face. Lying on them might just reapply the oil and dirt.
Natural Remedy for Acne – Conclusions
Natural remedies are best effective if the user would complement it with proper skin care and proper diet; What actually makes a natural remedy for acne effective is not only because it contains natural ingredients but also sincere efforts towards applying the same.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads
Because they tend to be very unpleasing sights, everyone wants to get rid of blackheads. Not only does it make one’s face look unclean, it can also be a precursor to more serious acne problems.
Get Rid of Blackheads
Blackheads are a type of acne that appears as blackish bumps on the skin. They are commonly situated along the nasal area of the face and are often clustered together thus giving anyone who has them an unclean look.
What Causes Blackheads?
Because blackheads are a type of acne, the factors that contribute to acne development are also the same ones causing the formation of blackheads. Briefly, excessive oil production, bacterial infection and dead skin cell accumulation are the three main factors that cause acne. In the case of blackheads, a pore or hair follicle tends to become dilated and is filled with excess oil, skin cells and bacteria. This opening is capped with more skin debris.
Because the follicle plug is composed mostly of keratin and oil, exposure to the air results in oxidation and in turn causes the plug to darken. The plug causes irregular reflection of light that leads to a perceived black hue. In reality, the plug blocking the pores have more of a yellowish and brownish shade but the irregularity of the light’s reflection leads one into seeing a darker, almost black hue.
How to Get Rid of Blackheads Explained..
While it is true that blackheads are unattractive, all hope is not lost because there are several ways to get rid of blackheads. Perhaps the best way to remove blackheads is to actually prevent them by removing the causes. Excess oil and dead skin cells are the top origins of blackheads so gentle washing to facilitate their elimination from the skin is an important technique. Harsh scrubbing may seem effective for some but it actually results in more oil production and as a consequence, more blocked pores.
Remember to choose gentle products and to never over-exfoliate as this can result in irritation and increased oil production. Gentle squeezing may also be helpful in this case but it is important for one to do it properly. The pores around the area should first be opened up by applying a warm, moist cloth over it. When pushing blackheads out, remember to gently apply pressure around the problem area and to never push too hard as this may eventually cause skin damage and even scarring.
Although blackheads are not an accumulation of dirt on the skin, one should still make sure that the face does not get in contact with dirty hands.
Get Rid of Blackheads By Focusing On The Root Cause
Blackheads are undeniably stubborn and getting rid of them can sometimes prove to be a challenge. That is why, like all the other afflictions, getting to the root of the problem and preventing it from happening is sometimes the best cure. But when prevention fails, it is good to know that there are several ways to deal with and to get rid of blackheads.
Getting Rid of Acne Scars
Getting rid of acne scars can either be two things: easy or difficult. For those with acne scars that are superficial, it will be relatively easy for them to get rid of their scars. However, for those with scars that have gone deeper into their skin, it would be difficult and would take them longer amounts of time.
Things to Consider When One Plans on Getting Rid of Acne Scars
(1) Never ever pop your acne as it will only worsen the situation instead of improving it. Popping will result in inflammation and scars will only lead to the formation of more scars.
(2) Remember to cleanse, moisturize, and exfoliate regularly.
(3) Using the wrong treatment for acne scars can contribute to more inflammation and more scars.
Tips in Getting Rid of Acne Scars
Here are several steps one can refer to get rid of their acne scars.
(1) Use home remedies for acne as much as possible. These home remedies contain all-natural ingredients which would help in avoiding skin allergies and harmful reactions caused by harsh chemicals found in products bought from drugstores and supermarkets. The following are good home remedies which can help in the treatment of acne and acne scars.
Sandalwood and rose water
When mixed, this pasty substance can be used as a facial mask and to use it, one should leave it on their face overnight. Wash it off upon waking up the next morning.
Rubbing a cube of ice on the infected area can help reduce the appearance of the scars. It will soothe your skin and tighten the pores to give your skin a look of a more even texture.
Homemade face mask
This can be done my mixing a table spoon of yogurt, a tablespoon of sour cream, a tablespoon of oatmeal, and a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Apply it on your face and leave on for about 10 to 15 minutes before washing it off.
This can help moisturize your skin and can help in reducing the appearance of scars.
Ripe tomato pulp can be placed over the acne scars. This can help in the healing process of your damaged skin since tomatoes are known to contain lots of antioxidants and vitamin A.
Lemon juice is of a very big help in getting rid of acne scars.
Squeeze some limes or lemons and apply the juice to the infected parts using a cotton swab. Leave on for about ten to 15 minutes and rinse it off.
(2) Taking natural supplements can help in preventing and removing acne.
(3) If one has the money, he or she can opt to go for laser, chemical, or mechanical treatments.
(4) It is probably not the most advisable but one can refer to alternative medicine which includes spiritual techniques to help them in getting rid of the scars.
(5) Dermatologists can prescribe medicine specifically made for treating acne scars.
(6) For worse cases of acne, one can opt to undergo acne surgery.
Treatment for scars does not give you results overnight. Remember that getting rid of acne scars may take one to two months so patience should be given a seat when undergoing treatment and remember to maintain a healthy lifestyle to prevent new acne from appearing.